'Defend Marriage' is asking all churches to observe the first Sunday in
December as Sanctity of Marriage Sunday. So-called 'Same-sex marriage' is
due to become recognised by South African law on 1st December 2006 to fulfil
the judgement of the Constitutional Court made on 1st December 2005. This
threatens to seriously undermine respect for the Sanctity of Marriage in
South Africa. Respect for marriage is also under attack from numerous other
All churches are asked to include in their service a prayer and scripture
reading to promote the Sanctity of Marriage.
This year 'Sanctity of Marriage Sunday' will be on 3rd December 2006.
PLEASE PRAY FOR:
* God to protect and strengthen marriages and protect moral purity in our
* God to protect Christians and other moral people against persecution by
Pray for those in authority (1 Timothy 2:1-12):
* Parliament to pass a Constitutional Amendment to protect marriage.
* The Constitutional Court to reverse their decision to recognise 'same-sex
* Against a the proposed 'Domestic partnerships' Bill to recognise couples
* Home Affairs officials to stand strong against same-sex marriage.
We also need to repent of:
* Our national sins undermining marriage, such as recognising so-called
'same-sex marriage'; 'homosexual rights'; legal pornography and tolerance of
the sex industry; and past migrant labour practices.
* Our personal sins, such as failure to speak up against disrespect for
sexual purity and marriage and compromise in entertainment choices,
relationships and marriages that undermine marriage.
PLEASE READ SCRIPTURES IN CHURCH SUCH AS:
Jesus said "But at the beginning of creation God made them male and female.'
`For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his
wife, and the two will become one flesh.' So they are no longer two, but
one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." (Mark
"In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and
were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with
other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion."
For more information please go to http://defendmarriage.blogspot.com/ and
* Please could you forward this email to your pastor and encourage your church
to participate. Possibly offer to do the scripture reading and lead the
* Please forward this email to your friends or organisations' email list and
include in your newsletter.
* If your church or organisation is supporting and participating in Sanctity
of Marriage Sunday, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org let us